Equality and Diversity Policy
The aim of this policy is to confirm the Trust’s commitment to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. The Trust recognises the public sector equality duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations across all characteristics between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
This policy applies to all students, employees, potential employees, supply staff, agency staff, visitors, volunteers, contracted staff, governors and directors of the Trust. This policy covers the following protected characteristics:
- Gender (including gender reassignment)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Marital status including civil partnership